09 December 2011

Girl in animal mask

Girl, creepy animal mask, vintage clothes, plastic toy film camera, imperfection, artist. The unusual work of Pamela Klaffke.

"I am a Canadian photographer who shoots exclusively with analogue cameras, most often my Holga CFN. My photographs often feature grain and blur; i like vivid colour, creepy masks and dolls, and the beauty and warmth, unpredictability and imperfection of working with film. I don't digitally alter my images (with the exception of some occasional cropping) and my photography has a decidedly vintage bent. I shoot people, places and all kinds of unusual things." - Pamela Klaffke

What is a Holga camera?
"The Holga is a medium format 120 film toy camera, made in China, known for its low-fidelity aesthetic. The Holga's low-cost construction and simple meniscus lens often yields pictures that display vignetting, blur, light leaks, and other distortions. The camera's limitations have brought it a cult following among some photographers." (Holga on wikipedia.)



























more masks
Pamela Klaffke's shop
pamelaklaffke.com