07 December 2012

Mary Marine

I have been fortunate to be invited aboard a Great Lakes freighter for a couple of trips. These have been the highlights of my career. Being on board gives you a whole new perspective and hopefully gives more feeling to the paintings that I produce.

– Mary Demroske


 Cleveland Harbor


 Detroit River Light 


 Edward L. Riverson


 Escanaba Harbor


Mary Demroske studied art at Lake Superior State University and continues to teach herself and take an occasional workshop from noted artists when convenient. She spends the long Michigan winters at the easel and her summers are spent doing juried shows almost every weekend.


 Harnassing the Wind


 Last Light


 Mission Point


 On Point 


I'm not a history expert but I have learned a great deal about the Great Lakes shipping. It's a fascinating subject and I enjoy painting the calm scenes as well as using my imagination to create a believable shipwreck and sinking.

– Mary Demroske


 One Long and Two Short


 Rock if Ages


 Roger Blough


 St. Claire Morning


 She is a veteran of over four hundred juried, combined and one person shows. Mary Demroske has taken many awards for her paintings of Great Lakes freighters, tugs and lighthouses.


 St. Claire


 Tashmoo


 Two Harbors


 USCG


Oil is my favorite medium, but I have worked extensively in pen and ink and also enjoy switching to watercolor from time to time.

– Mary Demroske


mary demroske dot com
http://www.marycdemroske.com/



Moondog - Mother's Whistler